Secure mini-storage in the Edmonton area
- Looking for a secure mini-storage in the Edmonton area?
- Do you prefer to work with a local, family-owned business?
For the safety of your belongings, Parsons Moving & Storage provides security fencing and 24-hour security cameras and lighting. We are family-owned and operated with a professional residential storage consultant right on site. There are no administration fees. Your storage unit may be accessed 7 days per week from 6 am to 11 pm. Sea cans are used for storage units because they are water tight, secure in high winds, rust, dust and mice resistant and insulated to maintain a more constant humidity level.
Parsons Moving & Storage is a member in good standing with the Stony Plain Chamber of Commerce.
Call us for further information 780-964-9544.
- Label boxed items with the room it belongs in.
- Place items needed not needed immediately at the back of the unit.
- Store heavy items on the bottom and light items on top.
- Disassemble furniture as much as possible. Wrap the legs of tables and disassembled bed frames in foam wrap or a blanket. Wrap and box small parts and label appropriately.
- Place, screw, bolts and other hardware into a labeled plastic bag. Affix the bag securely to the item it goes with or note it on the box it is stored in.
- Wrap mattresses in plastic mattress bags. (Can be purchased from Parsons)
- Wrap blankets or sheets around couches and wrap foam around any wood legs that you cannot remove.
- Leather can be vulnerable to fluctuating temperatures. Treating leather couches, clothes and other items with leather conditioner can help prolong their lifespan.
- Wrap clean dishes in bubble wrap, tissue, white packing paper or foam wrap. Pack them in boxes designed for dishware. (Contact Parsons if you need instruction regarding china boxes). Label boxes as fragile.
- Do not stack any heavy items on top of fragile or lightweight items.
- Pack books on their back (not on their spine) in small boxes. Books can be deceiving and the weight adds up quickly.
- Clean appliances inside and out and let them dry before packing and storing. Remove or secure any movable parts to prevent damage.
- When storing refrigerators and freezers, leave the doors open to prevent moisture build up and odour, as well as possible sealant damage. Place a slim piece of cardboard between the door and the unit to creat a gap. Tape the door in place to prevent the cardboard from shifting and the door from closing.
- Store mirrors in an upright position.
- Photographs tend to curl over time. Keep them flat and invest in a sealed, airtight container. Because they take up very little space, try and keep irreplaceable photos with you instead of storing them.
- Drain oil and gasoline from all engines. Do not store any flammable or combustible liquids or solids. This will protect your stored property and the property of others from fire or explosion.
Your storage unit may be accessed 7 days per week from 6 am to 11 pm.
Sea cans are used for storage units because they are water tight, secure in high winds, rust, dust and mice resistant.